Friday, October 17, 2008

Today on Serious Grape: Wines for Halloween

It's that time of year--when the ghosts, goblins, witches, and vampires come out to play. But why should the kids have all the fun?

This week on Serious Grape, my weekly column on the food site Serious Eats, I suggest six wines that will set the right mood for whatever grown-up fun you've got planned.

All six wines taste great, and represent great value. The most important thing, though, is that all six of the wines come complete with Halloween costumes, as the labels above indicate.

From the Beaujolais to Calaveras County, from the Rhone to Lodi, and from the hills of California to the mountains of Oregon, I've got a Halloween wine that you'll want to drink and serve. Click on over and check my recommendations, and if I've missed a Halloween-appropriate label be sure to leave your suggestions in the comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the River of Skulls as well and plan to take it to a Halloween wine party.

Anonymous said...

i wanna drink that!