Wednesday, October 07, 2009

3 Years and 5182 Subscribers Later...

Today marks GWU$20's third anniversary. On October 7, 2006 I pushed "publish" on my first post. Three years, and 5182 subscribers later, I'm still pushing that publish button and I'm still committed to bringing you information on good, affordable wines and promoting everyday wine culture. (photo by CarbonNYC)

These past three years have been an amazing journey. I've become a better writer, I think I've become a better teacher in my day job, and I've learned a lot about wine. I've also had the opportunity to meet up with readers, bloggers, and winemakers all over the world--which is, perhaps, the thing that has brought me the most enjoyment.

As we move into the fourth year, you may notice some changes. I'm trying to focus on quality posts, rather than quantity, while juggling other demands. Rather than stop blogging, I'm cutting back and you may see fewer posts, posts that cover more than one wine (like the Pinot Noir and Chardonnay posts from last week), and more posts that cover the magical mixing of wine and food.

To everyone reading this and all my subscribers who receive my notes on wine through their RSS Readers, email, and other services--thank you. Here's to another great year.

10 comments:

Sonadora said...

Congrats on 3 years Dr. Debs! I've been reading since the beginning :)

Jill said...

Major kudos. I can barely get a post up each month right now, I don't know how you do it. Looking forward to future posts, no matter how frequently or infrequently they occur.

akuban said...

Congrats, Deb. Three years is an eternity in blog years. Have enjoyed reading and learning from you. Here's to three more! [raises glass]

1WineDude said...

Happy birthday! :-)

Benito said...

Happy Blogiversary! Here's hoping for many more years of quality writing!

Jeff (Good Grape) said...

Yowza -- 5000 subscribers. That's fantastic. Keeping bringing it, Deb!

P.S. You're my favorite PhD wine blogger (don't tell the others!)

Happy Bloggo B-day!

Jeff

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You've hart for the success!

Dr. Debs said...

Thanks to you all for your good wishes--and Jeff, your secret is safe with me.

Julie said...

Happy Blogiversary! I enjoy reading your blog!

Claire Uncorked said...

Thanks for keeping this blog up! It takes a lot of work, I know...I can hardly blog once a month these days!