Sunday, March 11, 2007

Wine Club? Start a Blog


I just discovered an interesting new blog, Vino Club, that I wanted to share with you because I thought it was such an great combination of traditional and non-traditional wine experiences.

It takes the new Wine 2.0 technology and the old standby of the friends who start a Wine Tasting Club and uses Blogspot's technology for multiple contributor submissions. (I'm guessing this is not unique to Blogspot, but I don't know for sure) What you get is a rolling set of notes and news written by seven friends who talk to each other in the comments as well as posting new entries. This is a new blog (they started on January 30, 2007 and have posted 17 posts).

They've also syndicated CellarTracker notes on their wines (presumably to inspire their future tastings?) I may steal this feature, since it's a good way to bring more voices into the dialogue about wine.

Welcome to the Blogosphere, Vino Club, and sorry it's taken me a few weeks to find you! And if you have a wine club, I think that blogging is a great thing to do!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you venture to the San Digo area- try Tango Wine Company. They sell a variety of wines from:
West Coast, Latin Wines, Australia & New Zealand, South Africa, Champagnes - boutique wines as well as some of the most renowned wines worldwide. There are many around the $20 range. Tango also hosts tastings and wine events a few times a week. Check them out at www.tangowine.com

Unknown said...

Larchmont wine is great in Los Angeles, as is Wine House and Silverlake wine. If you don't have a great wine store near you, there are some good internet companies popping up. I like the content at www.domaine547.com and they say they will have a store open soon. Looks like the kind of place that should have plenty of reasonable offerings.

Unknown said...

I should add, domaine547 seems bloggish, though I don't think it could be called a blog. interesting concept, store/blog.

bathmate said...

I liked it.
Bathmate