Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Case of Bubbles for Spring: J. Laurens Crémant de Limoux Brut

Upcoming spring brunches--check.
Celebration of first flowers blooming--check.
Toasting friends who just got engaged/married--check.
Toasting friends who just had new baby--check.
Mother's Day--check.
Graduation--check.

See how many celebrations you have coming up in the next few months?

That's why you need to know about this wine. It costs under $15 a bottle and is absolutely yummy. Buy it by the case, and you will have bubbles to see you through into June (provided you don't toast too many Tuesdays along the way...).

The NV J. Laurens Crémant de Limoux Brut is one of the best sparklers--if not the best sparkler--I've ever had for under $15 and represents excellent QPR. Available in lots of markets for between $9 and $13, this wine from the Languedoc-Roussillon region of France has a lovely, creamy taste. Abundant fresh citrus pith and brioche dough make a point-counterpoint of zest and richness in the flavors, with fruit notes of pear, apple, and lemon. A great feature of the wine are the tiny, frothy bubbles which make for a delicate impression. The wine is dry (brut), but it's a soft, gentle brut like spring itself. You can enjoy this wine with a wide range of foods and for this price, why wouldn't you??

Full Disclosure: I received this wine as a sample.

10 comments:

August said...

I'm loving your blog! My DH (dear husband) and I are big time wine lovers. So, it's great to discover your blog. Keep up the good work!

gih said...

wow! a new wine has been introduce. that's nice.

denparser said...

well, maybe that's too tasty for wine lovers like me. :-)

Creative Juices said...

Thank you for sharing, we will be keep on the lookout for this one.

Sarge said...

Great blog about wines I've just joined your mybloglog community and I plan to return often.

Free Credit Score said...

I am glad I came across your lovely blog. I am wine lover but also amateur and need to read more, to learn.

Julia said...

This sounds like a great sparkling wine! I am anxious to look for it and hope I can locate it. Thanks for the great and informative blog.
Julia
www.bryersantis.com

jen said...

Hey guys! I found this iPhone App via Staff Pick by Apple from LocalWineEvents where you can find all kinds of tasting events. I've already attended a few events using it, and I love it!

dodz said...

i bet it is not so expensive i guest? i really love this wine.

dbricker said...

J. Laurens makes 4 sparkling wines for Europe; I sell 3 (the outstanding value ones...), so the one you review must be the "le moulin", lemony, fab for any ocassion. Great for parties, but good enough for weddings; tastier than most champagne.