Friday, December 05, 2008

Getting Started with Wine Blogs?

Google Reader, the feed aggregate program linked to the Google Search Engine/Empire, has revamped its look and some of its features.

One of their innovations is to change how you can search for feeds you might be interested in, and then subscribe to them in one easy click through something called the "feed bundle." Designed for people who are new to the world of blogs, these feed bundles are subject-oriented. Feed subscriptions make it easy to keep up with your favorite blogs because every day the blog is updated, you get a notification in your reader of choice.

Tim Elliott, from Winecast, alerted me this morning to the fact that Good Wine Under $20 was one of the eight blogs included in Google's "Wine Feed Bundle." It's in some pretty heady company, and I just wanted to thank all my existing subscribers for joining me the old-fashioned way and getting Google's attention! And if you're new to GWU$20, or to wine blogs, why not subscribe to some of the other great blogs out there like those highlighted in this list?

Of course, there are a lot more than eight wine blogs. Check the left sidebar for some of my favorites. You can subscribe to them, too, simply by going to their site and clicking on the subscription link.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for entering the top eight Google Wine Blogs then! I just started my own wine blog on www.weinnotizen.blogspot.com so maybe I'll join you in the top ten in a few years ;-)
But I guess I would have to switch to writing in English instead of German before that will happen.

Keep on blogging...