Friday, February 27, 2009

Today on Serious Grape: Open That Bottle Night

Tomorrow--Saturday, February 28--is the 10th annual Open That Bottle Night.

Each year, Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher of The Wall Street Journal give us permission to open up those bottles that hang around our houses with all kinds of sentimental strings attached. Often, we hold on to them so long they're no longer drinkable.

Today on Serious Grape, I talk about the event, my experiences with holding on too long to a special wine, talk a bit more about the philosophy behind the event, and give links to public and online OTBN celebrations you may want to participate in.

What bottle do you have that you're afraid/unwilling to open? Tomorrow night's your chance! I'll have my OTBN tasting report up on Monday night, so check back here if you want to know what I opened up.

No comments: