Thursday, April 02, 2009

April Wine Book Club: The Science of Wine

If you've ever wondered what brettanomyces is (and how to spell it), the April wine club pick is for you.

This month, join us as we read Jamie Goode's The Science of Wine: From Vine to Glass. (University of California Press, $35.95; available through amazon.com for $23.73) As many of you know, Jamie Goode is not only a wine author and journalist, he's also a wine blogger. I'm hoping he brings the same lively, lucid style to his book that he exhibits on his blog. Whenever I go to Goode's sight I know I'll get terrific information, delivered with a sense of humor and some down-to-earth common sense.

All the reviews for this book praise its clarity and engaging style, so I'm looking forward to finding out more about the science behind the wine I drink. If you'd like to join in, please read the book anytime during the month of April, post a review before Wednesday, April 29 at 5 pm, and send me a link either here or via email to let me know you've done so. That way I'll be sure to include you in the round-up of posts on April 30.

1 comment:

Amy Atwood said...

This looks like a great read. Appeals to the wine geek within.
If I can move it to the top of my bedside bookpile, then I will send a post by April 29.