Friday, September 19, 2008

Today on Serious Grape: A Week's Worth of Food and Wine Pairings

Sometimes, when it comes to picking out a week's menus and the wines to go with them, I can't get inspired.

That was before I joined up with Serious Eats. Today in my column Serious Grape over on Serious Eats, I highlight seven inspiring recipes posted on their website and discuss the wines I'd pair with them. There are no specific bottles recommended there--just the type of wine--so if you are looking for specific labels once you've decided that you have to make those Thai Beef Rolls with Sweet Chili Sauce or the Panzanella Salad, you can always head back here and look for my latest picks.

You'll find that the recipes are all pretty easy, take advantage of the fresh foods in the markets now, and will get you out of whatever wine and food slump you may find yourself in. The best part? You can even subscribe to the Serious Eats recipe feed and get a stream of tasty treats in your reader to keep your creativity keen.

Have a great weekend--and see you back here on Monday.

No comments: